You are invited to the Abalimi Bezekhaya & Harvest of Hope fact finding and farmer contact tour for donors, interns, volunteers, researchers, journalists, community farming groups and all friends of Abalimi Bezekhaya & Harvest of Hope.
We meet at 9am outside the PnP Express at the BP garage, corner Rosmead ave and Wetton Rd, Wynberg. Other meeting points are possible inside the townships by prior arrangement (9:30am in Gugulethu or at 11am in Phillippi), depending on where you are coming from and as agreed by prior arrangement.
We proceed from there in convoy in your own vehicles (we do not have a bus) to visit up to three micro-farms at different stages of development, all within the Gugulethu and Nyanga areas.
You will also get to meet the farmers and we will visit the dedicated farmers market pack shed called Harvest of Hope at the Abalimi Bezekhaya Head Quarters in Philippi Village.
- This tour is free and is preferably for adults only. See below for other options.
- Our tours go out most Tuesdays (unless Tuesday is a public holiday, then Wednesday), but we request that you confirm your attendance in advance.
- The tour is for fact finding and is “no frills”. Please make sure you wear a hat and suitable walking shoes as well as all-weather gear. It can be boiling hot one moment and rainy and cold with gale force wind the next.
- You will need to bring along any refreshments you might want, or can purchase something at Philippi Village at the end of the tour.
- Please contact us if you would like to join or have any questions.
- Fact finding and farmer contact tours are free to donors, friends, researchers, journalists and VIP’s. Tours can’t normally be exclusive, but please see below.
- Tourist groups are asked to donate a minimum of R2500 to participate.
- Children’s group activity outings can be arranged on any day at a minimum donation request of R150/head or R2500/morning or R5000/day, plus costs, dependent on what is possible for you and do-able for us. Please discuss with us.
- Special visits or tours as well as once off volunteer experiences for adult groups on other days also attract a minimum donation request of R150/head or R2500/morning or R5000/day, plus costs, dependent on what is possible for you and do-able for us. Please discuss with us.
- Donors and Friends are welcome to request individual visits where donations can be waived. Please discuss with us.
We meet at 9am outside the PnP Express at the BP garage, corner Rosmead ave and Wetton Rd, Wynberg.